Monday 11 March 2013

What am I doing?


A lot of photos get passed around on Facebook and I don't usually take much notice of them, but I really like this one.  I think it strikes a chord, not only because of its simplicity but because it seems to be relevant for something I am thinking about today.

Since I have left the FAMC I have been really pleased not to have to deal with Auroville's myriad 'people problems' of various sorts.  Yet I still seem to be being sucked in to them with people ringing me up wanting to talk about difficult situations they are experiencing and wanting me to comment.  When I do get sucked in, however, it can often have negative consequences for me both emotionally and practically.  So I feel I have to be careful about what I get involved with.

Tomorrow there is going to be a meeting about Windarra farm to discuss the problems they are having there and I am not sure whether to go or not.  On the one hand I think I should be part of the process of trying to find a solution, but on the other hand I do not want to go to a meeting where all the dirty washing will be brought out and discussed with no real resolution.  

So I don't really know what to do.  I think I have to find a way of being constructive without getting sucked into anything that will have negative consequences for me.  What I have been thinking about is not exactly karma, but how the consequences of the actions I take come back to me.

















No comments:

Post a Comment