Tuesday 12 March 2013

The flyover


This is a picture of a recently built bridge on the small path to the temple and Siddharta farm/Buddha Garden.  The building is totally out of proportion to the path and the very small stream over which it goes which only flows at the height of the monsoon.  It is also likely that a lot of earth on the top will just get washed away in heavy rain.  Quite why such a large structure is needed I don't know.  I gather from one of the Panchayat leaders that Government money was used and that 'it had to be built properly'.  Surely that doesn't mean it has to be big enough for a ten ton truck does it?  When one of the taxi drivers called it 'the flyover' I thought that was a very appropriate name for it.

This morning after a very restless night when I dreamed, but couldn't remember anything of my dream content, I felt very tired and out of sorts.  I was very conflicted about whether I should go to this meeting or not about Windarra farm.  I felt I ought to go to help the Farm group rise to challenge of sorting out this problem, but didn't want to get into the situation of stirring shit but not being able to do anything about it.

At one point I felt as if I might die.  Then I remembered that this went back to my struggle to be born and the feeling that I have had all my life that if I am not struggling then I will not live.  When I reminded myself that I do not have to struggle to survive, and that sometimes I can even choose my struggles, I felt much better!

Despite that I was later phoned by the Auroville Council who want Jeff and me to go to their meeting tomorrow to talk about the Windarra situation.  I agreed as it seemed a more positive step than going to the meeting this morning.  In fact this morning's meeting didn't achieve much as too few people turned up.  There was some bad feeling from the not very nice interpersonal bickering that took place and it was decided to talk about the situation at the next proper Farm group meeting.


















No comments:

Post a Comment