Thursday 16 January 2014

A slow day



As it is Ponggal, the local harvest festival, today when everything is closed, I have decided that today will be a slow day.  What is really delightful is that it has given me enough time to do a proper picture.  It has been really nice to sit down and take whatever time I like to do the picture rather than feel that I have to rush something down because I am tired and don't have a lot of time.

This morning I was amazed to see this very large bird in the garden which was probably some sort of heron by the look of it.  In many ways it seemed rather an awkward bird especially when it started to fly. But once in the air it was very elegant and had the most beautiful white wings.  This was in contrast to when it was sitting in the garden when it looked like a rather ungainly nondescript brown bird.

I felt that the bird had a message for me - something about not getting too bogged down in the details of life as I feel at the moment.  There are money problems that need to be sorted, the most difficult of which is to answer the question - what do I really need??

I am beginning to think that I would like to go back to painting and drawing, maybe developing some of my digital pictures in this medium.  If so, this is one of the pictures I would like to develop.

No comments:

Post a Comment