Saturday 11 January 2014

Another landscape


Today I went and helped with a sale of stock from a defunct  jewelry and stones business.  It wasn't too bad and we made quite a bit of money, but its a job I could have done without this time of year.

I was idly standing by one of the display cabinets in which were a quantity of pyramids made with various semi precious stones.  It looked like another country and it occurred to me that there are a lot of 'other landscapes' if we look for them.  I took pictures of wood just outside the shop - starting with a pile of wood and then taking close up pictures of the tree bark which was the 'other landscape'.  Unfortunately the pictures I took of the pyramids were all out of focus but I did take this picture of some crystals which again creates 'another landscape.' 

I feel there is a lot to explore in that idea, but whether I will have the time this time of year I don't know.....

I have been feeling pretty frazzled today, I think because with doing the selling this morning a lot of things have been put on hold.  I have a HUGE amount of work in my email inbox for one thing.  I also couldn't use my card in Financial services and that required a phone call to the bank who said they had unblocked it.  But then, they said that last time.  I have also had the usual succession of people wanting to come and stay here when we are already full up and all the usual niggles that are around at this time of year. 

I know that I just have to be patient but I am finding that very difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment