Wednesday 15 January 2014

The grass grows by itself


The Great Ponggal shutdown starts tomorrow but here I am mid afternoon of the day before and I am already bored!  Tomorrow just about everything that can shut down in Auroville will be shut down including all the community food places.  I should enjoy the quiet (except it won't be that quiet with music everywhere) but I fear it will just be a long boring day with only the chores to do.

It reminded me of something that Osho used to say about 'the grass growing by itself'.  That we could sit and watch the grass grow and marvel that we didn't have to do anything to make it grow.  So this is a picture of me watching the grass grow - something I do only when there is absolutely nothing else to do!!  In the midst of all this busyness I am amazed that I am not happier to have a day off - maybe because a day off at this time of year often means a lot of extra work the day after.

In fact it would be a good time to make a start on the new book.........or even revue all my pictures of the last year to see what they have to say to me......

No comments:

Post a Comment