Monday 27 January 2014

Beauty manifesting


We had a very exciting delivery today which included the bits for finishing off the new notice board as well as a stand for the pipes and a special sieve for Pierre.  The picture is of the men who finished off the notice board with a little cover.  I love the shadows made by the sun as they were doing it.  We have got to paint the stand and the sieve but hopefully we can complete that before Vivek comes back.

First thing this morning someone from Sunlit Future turned up to look at our solar system.  They found that the problem was in a bulb holder which kept shorting out the system.  Rajan had taped over the switch but this hadn't stopped someone from putting the switch down and causing the problem.  Which shows that if we don't want volunteers to do something we have to disable whatever it is so they simply can't do it!  It seems that the batteries are in very good condition and not too empty so I am very relieved about that.

This afternoon I went into Pondy and managed to sort out my new tablet.  Somehow the person in the repair place that I was sent to managed to get the card out of the slot and put in the proper sim card, although it did mean that the back now looks a bit scuffed.  It is a bad design though as even he found it difficult to get the card properly into the slot.  I hope it won't be too difficult to change the cards when I go to the UK.  Or maybe I won't need to bother as internet is much more available there.

So both the things that caused me so much grief yesterday seem to have been resolved.  It is really nice sitting here in the light typing this and knowing that the lights probably won't go off.

No comments:

Post a Comment