Sunday 26 January 2014

Lots of curved balls coming my way


Today has been one thing after another and I feel I have been pummeled by curved balls coming out of the blue and colliding with me!

First of all the electricity went off really early yesterday evening and wouldn't go on this morning.  I phoned up Rajan but it was clear he didn't want to come in even although he said he would do so.  He told me yesterday that he was going to a special sports function in the village as today is Republic day in India and I felt a bit guilty even just phoning him.  I spent the morning fiddling with the electricity and managed to get part of the system going which at least allowed internet for volunteers and me to work in the office.  I still didn't have electricity because there was a breaker switch that wouldn't work which was connected to my house.  By some miracle Pierre got it going this afternoon although he had tried and failed this morning.  I think a lot of the problems stem from the fact that we are very full with volunteers, all of whom want to charge up their electronic devices which uses a lot of electricity.  So the batteries get very low.

The other dreadful thing I did was that when I did eventually get to play with my new tablet I poked the wrong card into the sim space and cannot get it out.  Looking at it online it seems this is a problem for quite a few people.  I phoned up the shop where I got it and he said to bring it in tomorrow when there will be someone in the shop who can mend it.  Oh I do hope so!!!  It will be dreadful if I have ruined it.  If only I had been a bit more careful!  But I wasn't and now I will just have to live with the consequences.  

So today has been dealing with problems one after another and mostly things that I didn't see coming.  I feel exhausted with it all.  I am trying to do everything while it is light today (like doing my hair and having a shower) just in case the electricity goes off again tonight..... its not very restful and now there is a busy week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment