Thursday 4 December 2014

A toy for the boys



Today a group of volunteers (all men) seemed to have a very enjoyable time with the chaff cutter. This is an old and very basic piece of equipment used by many farmers to cut up food like maize stalks for the cows. We tend to use it for cutting up stuff for the compost although in this case we were cutting up material that we had cut yesterday from around the kitchen.

I don't like the machine very much because I am always worried about getting my fingers stuck in it when I feed through the material to be cut up. Volunteers often find it quite hard because it gives a very good work out as its hard work pushing that wheel around fast enough.  As a result they don't usually want to do it for very long. This group was different in that they really seemed to enjoy themselves getting a lot of material cut up.


I am writing this just before going to yoga. I will try not to push myself hard like I did last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment