Friday 12 December 2014

Like a hedgehog


When I went out to work this morning I was met by Pierre who told me that he has taken on another dog. It is for a French woman who is going back to France tomorrow and wants Pierre to look after it until she can get it over to France in several months time. I am rather cross as that means we now have six dogs on the place which I think is too much. And although Pierre does do a lot of the looking after, he is often out and then of course we have to take up the slack. Lets see if this woman actually takes the dog....... maybe things will feel different when she gets back to France.

I get to the kitchen to find that only four people are there so I get them started on something and gradually people drift in and I give them different jobs. Then I have to rush off because my stomach is grinding and when I come back I find that Pierre has taken all the best volunteers again! It does exasperate me that he does that without talking with me! Somehow I find myself doing all the picking but having to organise people at the same time.


The picture I think expresses very well how I felt after all that. I felt that my hair was standing on end with all the tension and all I wanted to do was roll into a small ball. If I had prickles like a hedgehog so much the better because then it would mean that no one could get at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment