Wednesday 3 December 2014

My left foot


In this picture my left foot looks OK, but I have had quite a time with it today. This morning I was walking through the gate into the cashew orchard when I was knocked over from behind by the dogs rushing through. I think there probably wasn't enough space to get out of my way in time. I fell down quite heavily on my left buttock (not my tail bone thank goodness) and jarred my foot and ankle. My foot felt very painful as it was quite cold at the time.

It was a bit of a shock to the body and my foot has continued to give me little tweaks of pain all day. I just hope that it won't stiffen up over night. Despite this I somehow managed to wrap up all my Christmas parcels today and may even get them to the post office tomorrow.


I have had a lot of problems with my left foot over the years. I remember on the day before the cyclone I fell over and hurt it but somehow managed to get over it to do all the things I needed to do after the cyclone had struck. I often think it happens when I need to slow down. At the moment I don't feel that I am going too fast but I do have a huge amount of things to deal with and maybe I do need to slow down in terms of dealing with each thing as it comes rather than try to juggle everything simultaneously.

No comments:

Post a Comment