Sunday 27 January 2013

Hard work on my bike


For the last week or so I have found it really hard work cycling.  I thought maybe my age was at last catching up with me and I was losing my strength or maybe I was sickening for something.  Then I found out that there was something wrong with the back brake and I had been cycling with the brake on.  No wonder it was such hard work!

It seems to be something of a metaphor for my life at the moment which is why I created the picture.  There are many things I want to do but there seem to be a lot of impediments and I wonder if I am in some way putting the brakes on myself - being my own worst enemy.

It is mainly to do with money as I want to do more things than I have money to pay for them.  I will therefore have to pay close attention to see what what it is I deeply want to do, rather than what I would just like to do.  At the same time I have to see how things develop as usually I find it becomes clear as to how things are flowing and what is possible and what is not.

And trust that when I really need to do something the support needed will be there to do it.  Would the Divine ask me to do something and then not give me the necessary material support to do it?  Maybe if she wanted to have a little joke I suppose!














No comments:

Post a Comment