Tuesday 15 January 2013

Tired out


It has been a frantic and exhausting day.  I seem to have had every form of irritation coming my way.  Four new people turned up and there wasn't enough bedding for them because Jaya hadn't done the washing.  Then all day I have had various things to sort out from the watering first thing in the morning to a complicated taxi arrangement for one of the volunteers.  I got really irritated about Rajan who, instead of asking for today off for Pongal, said he would come in for certain hours and then didn't do so. I think he probably thought he couldn't or shouldn't take two days off for Pongal, but I would rather he was upfront and honest about what he wants rather than feeling he has to be devious. I gather that with Jaya having the day off Bharati felt she should have had the day off as well, and perhaps Rajan also felt the same.  Its so silly because I don't mind at all if he has two days off - we could have managed.

As with all the big festivals here there is also a certain sort of frantic energy around which intensified all of the above.

Not surprisingly perhaps I feel very tired and my nerves feel as if they have been shredded.  I think the picture expresses pretty much how I feel and how it has been today.















No comments:

Post a Comment