Thursday 18 April 2013

Better just to be rather than try to do!


This was a day when it was better just to be rather than trying to do.  

I went out to the shop this morning only to find that they didn't have what I wanted - no carrots or potatoes as they don't come until tomorrow.  Then on the way back my bike started making the most dreadful clunking noises and just when I got to the Visitors Centre refused to go any further.  It transpired that the wheel frame is broken and so gets caught on the brake, so I will have to find someone who can do that tomorrow.  Fortunately it is the front wheel so it shouldn't be too complicated to do.  Then this evening there was no water because the tap to the kitchen garden had been left on.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

I've also tried to work out the traveling for my Scotland trip but couldn't figure out how to work it all in with the ferry times.  

Funny how I have also had two evening callers.  One volunteer wanting some aloe vera for what looks like quite bad sunburn and another wanting to stay another night as she hasn't managed to do everything she needs to do before she goes.

I've spent a lot of the day reading a very good book about Japan.  This was definitely a being day.

No comments:

Post a Comment