Monday 1 April 2013

Where I am going to stay in June



Its been a day when I feel I haven't managed to get on top of anything.  Where I have been running all day but haven't managed to keep up.  I think part of the reason is that I have been trying to sort out my Findhorn trip which has had its challenges and which seems so far away from what I am experiencing here.

It seems that I have to arrive in Findhorn for the conference by 11.00am on Saturday 22nd but I there is no train I can catch from Manchester on that day that will get me there anywhere near the right time.  Also the train tickets on that day are eye wateringly expensive, because its a Saturday I presume. Graham suggested that I come up on Friday and find somewhere to stay in Findhorn the night before, but that means writing emails to a list of people on the website, most of which are likely to be full - June being to Findhorn what February is to Auroville.

I decided instead to go up on the Friday and stay in Inverness on Friday night and then I just have to get from Inverness to Findhorn on Saturday morning which should be quite easy.  The tickets up on Friday are really cheap even when I decided to go first class.  I couldn't believe the price - only twenty seven pounds.  Then the room is only thirty pounds so altogether I am spending much less than if I tried to stay in Findhorn Friday night or came up on the overnight train.

All in all it seems to have worked out well, but booking up so far ahead I think has made me feel that I am living in two different universes, which is a bit disorientating.  I wanted the picture today to be of the guest house where I am going to stay.  I downloaded it from the website but it is typical of how things are going today - that I can't quite accomplish what needs to be done - that I haven't managed to upload it to this blog.  Its not helped by the internet playing up again, apparently because of a cable being damaged in Egypt.

Ah well. At least I was able to go to Nia dance and dance away my frustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment