Friday 19 April 2013

Love my new bike


This picture shows the sheer joy I feel at having a new bicycle.  

It was all a big surprise as when I woke up this morning I had no plans at all to go and buy a bicycle - especially one as expensive as this.  It all started when I explained to Vivek about the problem with the wheel where the rim has come off and stuck in the brake.  I phoned up Sukrit and he said I would have to take the wheel to Pondy or Koot Road to be re-spooked because he didn't have the machine to do it.  Vivek said to me that I should get a new bike because the one I have was bought just after I had my hip operations about eight years ago.  I use it nearly every day and not surprisingly it is showing its age and has recently needed quite a lot of work to keep it going.

So we went to Sukrit's place and I ended up getting the most expensive one in his shop!  As soon as I rode it I felt it was the one for me.  It felt the right size and was such a smooth ride.  Vivek said he would advance me the money and I said 'yes' before I really knew whether I had enough money or not.  Somehow it just seemed the right thing to do and when I got back I found that I do have the money, although I will probably pay in two installments which will make it easier for me.

We went and fetched the bike this afternoon and the picture was taken by Vivek just after I rode back into Buddha Garden.  Its a lovely bicycle and I look forward to lots of happy times riding it.


















No comments:

Post a Comment