Tuesday 21 May 2013

Lovely fruit!


Once again the picture for today comes from the work I have been doing updating the website.  I was doing the section on fruit and added something about the Surinam cherries that we had this year for the first time.  As their name suggests, the tree originated in Indonesia but seems to do quite well in Auroville in our kitchen garden.

What I loved about them was how I was able to go and pick the cherries and eat them straight off the tree.  This is the best, maybe the only, way of eating them as they don't last long enough to get them to the shop to sell.  They have a very unusual tart taste and I think would make a wonderful ingredient in one of Pierre's compotes.  When they are warm they taste of the sun.

This picture reminded me of all that.














No comments:

Post a Comment