Tuesday 7 May 2013

Shall we have wireless?


I seem to have spent a lot of today focusing on trying to sort out various problems - or challenges depending on how you look at it I suppose.  I spent some time this afternoon talking about various possibilities for sorting out our internet and telephone problems.  One solution is to get the cable dug up and see if there are any joins that could be repaired better - this is much cheaper than replacing the cable.  Another solution is to see if we could get a WiMax system installed that would provide us with internet wirelessly.  I like the idea but I don't think Pierre would.

What is clear is that there are no other internet providers in this area other than BSNL so we have to somehow get them to take responsibility for the system.  From now on we have to be far more pro-active about making complaints when the system doesn't work.  I realise that we put up with a huge amount of hassle from the system without contacting BSNL, but that is going to change!

A lot of things don't seem to be working.  It took me ages to get the printer working so I could scan the above picture.  After trying and trying various things I have no idea why it suddenly started to work.  As I write this the internet connection has gone off.  I went back to my room and it has taken two goes to get the Reliance connection working.

I just feel tired with it all.....

















No comments:

Post a Comment